The Shawnigan Lake Business Association receives numerous requests for community support. In order for us to support as many deserving community individuals or groups as possible and to better understand our community’s needs, we ask that you complete our application process. Thank you for your interest in the Shawnigan Lake Business Association.
Criteria for Community Support
In order to be eligible for community support, the applicant must reside in the Shawnigan Lake area.
To qualify, the event or project must directly benefit the community, and potentially benefit the businesses in the community as well. It should also serve one of the following main areas of focus:
- Arts & Culture
- Health & Wellness
How to Apply
If your request fits the outlined criteria, prepare and submit a package including the following:
- A cover letter that includes:
- Name of individual or organization
- Contact name of organization, if applicable
- Brief description of the organization
- Event/project details including a full description, timelines and any additional sources of funding for the event/project
- Recognition opportunities for the Shawnigan Lake Business Assn.
- A completed SLBA Request for Funds Form ensuring:
- All questions are completed in full
- Signature of individual or appropriate official of the organization
- A copy of the form is kept for your records
Submitting the Application Package
Requests should be directed to the attention of the SLBA Chair and mailed to PO Box 560, Shawnigan Lake, BC, V0R 2W0 at least two months prior to the event or activity.
Applicants will also be required to attend a meeting of the Shawnigan Lake Business Association to present their ideas.
How are Applications Assessed?
Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis. The Shawnigan Lake Business Association reserves the right to make all final decisions on who receives what level of support. Due to the level of demand, and our commitment to support a fair and equitable cross-section of as many community organizations as possible, not all applications are able to be approved.